Wednesday 21 June 2017

Jenni's Review: Reprieve by A.E. Woodward @AWoodwardAuthor




Blurb

I thought he was my antidote, but it turns out that he’s just my new drug of choice.

Before him, it was heroin.

And then they put me here against my will. 

At the time it seemed like my only viable choice. 

I preferred stumbling through life numb to it all. But now I’m here, and every sound and every emotion is heightened to a level I never knew existed. 

Then somehow, in a moment of weakness it became all about him.
My counselor.

He makes me feel things I never thought possible. But I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to recover...

Book Links

Amazon US ~ Amazon UK

Review



I am giving this review on behalf of Kats Book Promotions/ Katsindiebookblog. 

Wow, just wow! There aren't many words that can complement this book and do it's justice. 
This story is slightly dark, giving you a close and personal look involving drug addiction. Tegan is a very smart girl, however she has let heroin take over her life, watching everything she has ever done wash away. Eventually her family has had enough and has admitted her into a rehab facility. 
In walks Asher, her counselor. He does everything in his power to get her to trust him and hopefully open up. But, how far can he go without stepping over the boundaries? 
They always say 2 broken souls can repair each other. 
Is that the case here? 
Asher hasn't had such a great life either. 

This story will pull every emotion out of you. 
It is greatly written and steps out of the typical boundaries of a love and romance book. 
Great research was put into this due to seeing all the ups and downs of a person with an addiction and seeing how they live their lives. 
This is a fabulous read to enjoy, especially if you love stepping out of the norm of a typical love book.

Author Bio


A.E. lives in Vacationland with her husband and two children. Between her real job and writing she finds little time to enjoy life's finer things. However in the free time she does manage to steal, she enjoys spending time with friends and family, and reading. A.E. is the co-author of CAUGHT, and the author of Kismet, Working Girl and A Series of Imperfections: Imperfectly Perfect, Imperfectly Real, and Imperfectly Bad. Reprieve is her seventh novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting

Powered By Blogger

Rachel M Raithby

Rachel M Raithby
Author of the Deadwood Hunter Series

Blog Archive

Follow

Instagram

Translate